
Jessica did a great job describing the obesity acupuncture points yesterday so I will start off the day with the acupuncture point protocol drawing that Dr. Hsieh (Dr. 謝) drew for Jessica and I yesterday below in case anyone wants to see a visual.
Jessica and I started the day in the TCM department with a new preceptor in the morning with Dr. Chen Chien-An (Dr. 陳建安) who is trained in both TCM and western medicine (radiation oncology). It was a rather slow day and only a few appointments were scheduled so we had time to converse about TCM with Dr. Chen. Topics included the inter-reliability problems in TCM much like OMM. As TCM is much of a clinical model, based off clinical experiences, he believes that the future of TCM is to have lab results and diagnostic exams correlated to treatments. He was very interested when I told him about how one of my TCM practitioners had used spinal X-rays to assess rotation and side-bending in my spine after initial treatment to target his Tui Na work. In addition to more rigorous research he was concerned with proper sanitary protocols to be used in TCM. He stated that while proper protocols like hand washing and proper preparation before acupuncture after every patient encounter needed to become more consistent.
In the afternoon we headed back to Dr. Ho’s clinic. It was a very exciting day as Dr. Ho spent time teaching us where and what he was feeling during his TART exam after we explained to him more about Osteopathic Medicine. He let us check for TART using our own method (Stiles screening) before and after treatment then showed us his how to use his own screening diagnostic method. From what I understand his contact appears to be more on the myofascial layer and he is able to find points of hypertonicity and restriction by assessing fascial drag. I was amazed at some of the restrictions that Dr. Ho was able to find with his hands. We also obtained permission to record some of the techniques that he used, so I will be editing the videos. He also seemed very interested in seeing some video of OMM done by one of our professors so we may work on getting something together after we clear it with the departments.
Any case off to more video editing.
No comments:
Post a Comment